Positions with WEST, Inc.
While these positions are only temporary, we retain many field staff members beyond field season. In fact, many of our permanent employees started in technician roles, including our CEO. If you are looking to gain experience in environmental consulting and/or get your foot in the door with WEST, this is one of the best ways to accomplish that. We are looking to fill these positions as soon as possible and will be moving forward with applicants rapidly. If you have any questions feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling me at (385) 460-6824.
*additional information regarding tasks, requirements, and other information can be found here
More roles and opportunities can be found here! https://west-inc.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
Two Positions with BLM
Wildlife Biologist, GS-0486-7/9/11
Announcement No: MTMP-22-11589777-KW
Apply on USAJOBS.
Locations: Missoula and Malta Montana
Full Performance Level: GS-11
Relocation expenses are authorized for Malta location only.
Open to: All U.S. Citizens – No previous Federal Service is required.
- Responsible for assisting in preparing, evaluating and conducting biological analyses of land and water resource projects and permit applications to ensure compliance with appropriate federal law.
- Participates in monitoring on-going wildlife habitat development projects and the implementation of new projects within the field/district office.
- Serves on interdisciplinary teams addressing field/district office issues and problems, collaborates with other specialists and the supervisor.
- Responsible for writing and reviewing the biological input to environmental assessments, biological assessments, development of protective stipulations, and resource management plans.
- The biologist designs and implements habitat improvement and restoration projects for the field office in coordination with other programs, other federal agencies, state agency representatives and where possible with nongovernment organizations.
Glasgow Wildlife Biologist – Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks
A great opportunity to practice wildlife and habitat management at a large scale, with robust and resilient wildlife populations and some of the best sagebrush/grasslands in the west. Combine this with a culture of large working rangelands and public access, plus you can still afford to live out here on a government salary!
Please help spread the word to any potential candidates. Anyone graduating with their Masters by September 30 is eligible.