Membership to the Montana Wildlife Society is open to all individuals interested in the perpetuation of Montana’s wildlife resources. Voting membership in the Chapter is available to all paid regular, retired and student members. Governing board members must be current members of TWS.
Membership activities continue to be a priority for our Chapter. In addition to increasing our own membership, we encourage our members to also become members of the Parent Society.
Becoming a member of the Montana Chapter of The Wildlife Society has many benefits to offer both professionals and students including;
- Close association with a group dedicated to wise use of our State’s wildlife resources. Members come from universities, colleges, high schools, environmental consulting firms, state and federal agencies, private organizations, and business.
- Participation in the Annual Conference, where timely resource topics are explored.
- Workshops, which permits exploration of selected wildlife topics and management activities.
- The Newsletters, containing reports on items of interest to wildlife professionals in Montana.
- The opportunity to influence state and federal policy through an organization capable of providing a unified professional opinion on Montana’s wildlife issues.
Our chapter newsletter is distributed twice a year and provides information about upcoming events as well as opportunities to get involved with one of our working committees.
Increase your peer network by attending chapter meetings along with The Society’s annual conference. These meetings and conferences allow you to interact with people who represent the diversity of the profession. Students can take advantage of the unique opportunity to meet and learn from seasoned professionals and potentially meet future employers.
Gain in-depth exposures to timely wildlife management concerns by attending chapter meetings.
Students can obtain leadership skills and enhance their professional growth by serving as an officer, on a committee, or giving a presentation at a chapter meeting.
We welcome you to join the Montana Chapter of The Wildlife Society. There is a role in the Chapter for the wildlife biologist, manager, technician, conservation officer, educator, naturalist, and any individual concerned about the welfare and future of Montana’s wildlife resources